Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Some pieces of my life...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

After minor trepidation I am going to contribute a few words, well, maybe more than a few. Since I just wasn't able to think of anything current to share, I thought I'd share some older things I wrote while I was pregnant and some thoughts from unusual days. My pregnancy was not easy, but the end result was well worth it. Rylee turned two in January and is so much fun. John, my husband, and I have been married for over three years, it will be four years in October. Life is good, no real reason to complain. So here is some of my previous writing...

Monday, March 06, 2006
Pho or Faux?

Okay, so like it started out weird cause I seriously didn't know what day it was. I was like, is it Friday or Thursday? Finally got up and the deciding of the clothes began. That led to holding back hormone filled tears of realization of the chubbiness. Left the house late regretting outfit. Made to work on time. Annoyed by every voice around me. Kept trying to convince my chubbiness that hormones were on rampage. Can't let hormones rule damn it! Could not focus all day !!!!! Brain sooooooooo slooooowwwww. Damn you hormonessssss!!!!!
Didn't accomplish much, oh well. Looking forward to trying new restaurant called "The Green Bamboo". Thought it was new Chinese place. Oh no no no my friend, it is Pho Vietnamese food. Pho, let's discuss that. I associate Pho with Faux, like Faux fur, like fake fur. So is Pho Vietnamese actually Fake Vietnamese. Not quite, but it did seem like fake food. As in no taste and apparently it does not need to be served hot. My first clue the Pho was indeed Faux was the smell when I walked into the establishment. Didn't exactly appeal to my nostrils. I won't go into the stupidity of teenage service. Left as quickly as they would bring me my check and a to-go box. To-go box you say? Thought the food was gross? It was but I didn't have the heart to just leave it. So I took my styrofoam faux pho Vietnamese food and scurried out to my car. I then hurried to a burger joint in the same strip mall. Ordered a guacamole burger and had them throw my faux pho Vietnamese food in the trash for a starving rat to find and quickly laugh at. "Humans actually pay to eat this?", it would say.
Went home, baracaded my chubbiness in my fort, ate my burger, burped, and started playing on my computer. Which brings me here typing this sad story to you. Hope your day was better than mine.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Mahalo Jamba Dude

So this morning I put on my new hot pink shirt. It's way more girly than I am use to but I'm trying to expand my girly horizons. I've donned my new button, hot pink as well but a shade off my shirt, "Save the Drama For Your Mama". Silver hoop earrings and blacks pants. Well dang, I'm lookin' kinda cute today!
So I'm running behind, I woke up thirty minutes late. No worries, this is the perfect excuse to grab my favorite "running late breakfast", a regular Citrus Squeeze from Jamba Juice. I wait my turn. I place my order with the Jamba dude who has tropical stormy blue eyes. He says he knows my face. I remind him the last time I was in he popped up from behind the counter and scared me. It definitely woke me up at 6:30 in the morning. He recalls the incident with laughter. I wait patiently for my fruity goodness.
The radio or Muzak comes on. A familiar jingle rings in my ears. Ahh yes, California Girls by the Beach Boys. David Lee Roth is singing this version but I don't mind. I am a California Girl! And don't they wish we were all California Girls!? It's like a soundtrack was being played just for me. Ooh, camera zooms in for a close up. (The kind of camera that takes off ten pounds and automatically corrects blemishes on chins.) Our California Girl smiles. Beaming through her beautiful brown eyes is a moment of peaceful satisfaction. She knows it's going to be a great day.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Had to flush.

Okay so Friday the 21st John and I went to a local carnival in a church parking lot or front yard, whatever. We had been wanting to take pictures at night of the lights on the rides. We went, we snapped, we had lots of fun. We met the manager, Levi, who has been working for the company for 22 years. He was a cool dude. I met Mitchell, he was no more than five years old. He won a bunch of goldfish and traded them in for a crab. It had been painted blue and the word NASA was added on for show. He named his crab Caesar. He was very excited about the crab his mom said probably didn't have a chance of surving in their house. Bummer for Caesar.
So I wanted a goldfish. I couldn't pass up the oportunity to care of another pet. I don't have the dog I want. I'm still working on John about that. So John and I spent five smackers for a basket of dirty ping pong balls and attempted to get them in the glass bowls filled with rainbow colored water. I succeded in my attempt, as did John. We took home two fish, Bono and The Edge.
On the way home we purchased a bowl, food, and green marbles for a contrasting color to the gold fish we just adopted. We planned out a video with our cats. It was going to be called, "Why Bono and The Edge think Choppers and Harleys are unsafe". Picture a close up on the bowl with two unsuspecting goldfish swimming peacefully. There is a sign behind them with their names and two arrows pointing in their direction. Pull the sign away to reveal our two cats staring at what they hope to be dinner. (The truth is we showed the cats the fish and we didn't get the reaction we thought we would. Harley was more interested in drinking the water. Chopper appeared to be afraid of the bowl.)
Well, Bono bit the dust in less than 24 hours. The Edge made it until the following Thursday. Poor fish. I hate to flush those little guys. I can hope they are faking it like Nemo and they'll end up in the sea can't I? Never got to make my video. Nuts. Maybe I should have left them with the Carney's.

Sunday, April 30, 2006
I'm going to get a hoe.

Did I ever think I'd have a front yard and a back yard of my own? Yea, but then I lost that dream for a long time. I live in Texas now and own my own home. Well, my husband and I will own it in like thirty years, but you know what I mean. I was out planting rose bushes, caladiums, and purple things today. I haven't memorized all their names yet. I can't believe how much fun I was having getting covered in dirt and sweat. I kept getting surprised by spiders and other unknown bugs crawling over my feet. I hate spiders, but I was okay out there today. I laid down on a beach towel for a moment to rest and stared up at the most beautiful blue sky. Writing this it sounds so silly, but it was truly peaceful. I was thinking I better enjoy this moment because it's Texas and it's going to get hotter than Hades really soon. I saw a toenail moon waiting to make it's entrance later in the evening. I choked back tears because I was laying in MY front yard planting in MY garden. I didn't really forget my dream after all. I think I didn't really know what my dream was until I was laying there this afternoon.

Sunday, July 16, 2006
My first nine weeks...

1. Everyone has a remedy for nausea. Suck, don't chew on, nine oranges for nine days while laying with your feet propped up on a wall. I think you have to listen to Cat Stevens at the same time. (I can't make that up guys.)
2. Except the gas. Embrace the gas. Be proud of your burps and farts. It's the only time you can get away with it and not be judged. Ignore the question, "What did you eat?!"
3. Cats sense the presence of an alien life form. Reassure them they are still in charge and they will not have to eat left over baby food when the alien arrives.
4. Breasts should not be referred to as anything other than breasts at this stage of the game. They should not be teased in any way. Really, they should not be looked at because it might cause the owner to sock the looker just for thinking about them.
5. It is considered exercise everytime you have to briskly walk to the bathroom to throw up. Crouching before a toilet can be considered lunges. Getting up from the floor is considered lifting weights.
6. It is okay to cry over ceiling fans, the Discovery Health Channel, watermelon, and pizza.
7. No matter how hard you try, you just can't make up a game involving how many times you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
8. Snoring is an unappreciated art form.
9. Peaches smell so dang good.
10. Sleep is the most wonderful thing ever. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment